13 Feb Foolproof Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes- NOT a Lean and Green Recipe :(
Ok, ok. I know. Don’t hate me. BUT it is Valentine’s Day soon AND if you’re going to splurge, I really want you to do it “right”. This foolproof Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes recipe is not low cal, not low carb and not low fat. BUT it is 100% REAL FOOD which is a heck of a lot more than you can say for the boxed or bagged chocolates, or other “garbage” you might otherwise be tempted to eat. So, if you’re going to go off-program, do it right by eating something really good, that is whole foods-based AND tastes, well, abso-freaking-lutely incredible. The addition of complex, Sinful Cinnamon to this recipe makes the chocolate take on a warm, deep, rich flavor that’s unlike other chocolate cakes you’ve had in the past. Ready? Give it a try! (not wanting to splurge & want an alternative? Check out my recipe for on-program chocolate mug cakes or chocolate mousse instead.)
4 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate or chocolate chips (use the best you can get)
1 stick of salted butter
1 C powdered sugar
2 egg yolks
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp Stacey Hawkins Sinful Cinnamon
6 Tbsp flour (can use almond flour or other substitution for gluten-free)
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 425. Using nonstick cooking spray, coat the inside of four 1C (8oz) baking dishes or ramekins.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a large (6 cup or greater) microwave safe bowl and cook on high for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat the process until the chocolate and butter are both melted and combined. When finished, whisk together to make smooth & glossy. Be careful not to over-cook, however, as the chocolate will seize.
- Add the sugar, eggs, yolks, vanilla & Sinful Cinnamon to the chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the flour and salt and stir together to make a thick batter.
- Portion the batter evenly among the ramekins. Bake for 13-25 minutes, until the edges are firm but the center is still soft & jiggles a little. Let the cakes rest for 2 minutes.
- Run a butter knife around the edge of the ramekin to help release the cake. You can serve in one of two ways- either leave in the ramekin, or, place a small plate on top of the ramekin and turn it upside down to serve the cake by itself on the plate.
- Top with a light dusting of Sinful Cinnamon or powdered sugar. Enjoy!
This recipe for Foolproof Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes makes 4 servings.
Follow me on: