08 Nov Low Carb Stuffing- a Lean and Green Recipe
Everyone LOVES stuffing. It’s a table staple for many holiday dinners and family gatherings alike. The problem? It’s LOADED with carbs. Here’s a Low Carb Stuffing that you can heap on your plate without the guilt AND without sacrificing flavor. You’ll have a hard time living without this- I promise!
This recipe gives you 3 alternatives, depending on your program and will allow you to mix and match what’s best for you with perfect results every time. See the nutrition information below for details
14 oz fresh cauliflower, chopped fine
4T half and half, OR 4T milk OR 4T chicken broth
8 Grissini style breadsticks- plain or flavored OR 2 packages Medifast Parmesan Cheese Puffs* OR 1/3C Bob’s Red Mill TVP**(Texturized Vegetable Protein)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- If using breadsticks, divide the breadsticks into 2 piles of 4 each. Place in a zipper bag and using a rolling pin or can (or another “tool” of choice) pulverize the sticks into medium-sized crumbs. (The bigger you leave the crumbs, the more texture you will have.) If you’re using the parm puffs or the TVP, crush them coarsely as well and divide in 2.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a large bowl and add one bag of bread stick crumbs (or 1 package of parm puffs or 1/2 of the crushed TVP). Mix well.
- Pour cauliflower mixture into an 8 x 8 square baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining bag of breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes for slightly crunchy stuffing, 40-45 minutes for softer stuffing.
- Makes 4 portions of stuffing.
Optavia Lean & Green Recipe servings / Medifast recipe servings / Take Shape for Life recipe servings / Lean and Green Recipe servings:
1 serving of low carb stuffing made with MF puffs and half & half is 1 green, 1 condiment and 1/2 snack option.
Check out Stacey’s Lean & Green Meal Making Systems- Make AMAZING Lean and Green meals, with little to no effort!
Get FREE weekly motivation, recipes, tips and more!