15 May Roasted Cauliflower Hummus a Lean and Green Recipe
I love hummus. It’s one of my top 5 favorite snack foods of all time. However, traditional hummus is high in carbs and is not a true “lean and green recipe” so I came up with an alternative!
Roasted cauliflower makes a PERFECT alternative to chick peas when it comes to making hummus. The rich, nutty and buttery flavor lends itself to compliment the lemon and garlic leaving you with a guilt-free snack food you’ll want to devour.
4 C cauliflower
4 tsp tahini paste (ground sesame seeds)
1 tsp lemon juice
1-2 T water (if needed)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or spray lightly with nonstick spray). While oven is heating, cut the cauliflower into small florets.
- Place florets on the cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes until slightly browned, stirring 1/2 way through the cooking time.
- Combine cauliflower and all remaining ingredients (except water) in food processor. Pulse until smooth. Add water, 1 T at a time if necessary for a thinner consistency (if desired.)
- Serve with fresh veggies!
- May be kept in an airtight container for up to 1 week refrigerated.
Medifast recipe servings / Take Shape for Life recipe servings / Optavia recipe servings / Lean and Green Recipe servings: 1/4 of this recipe is 2 green (cauliflower), 1 healthy fat (oil) and 2 condiments (sesame seeds and spices.)
Check out Stacey’s Lean & Green Meal Making Systems- Make AMAZING Lean and Green meals, with little to no effort!
Get FREE weekly motivation, recipes, tips and more!